Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by Guy Doulberg <gu...@conduit.com> on 2012/07/26 10:02:43 UTC

My brokers stopped accepting events...

Hi All,

Yesterday, my prod kafka service has stopped accepting events for one of
my topics,

I have 3 brokers in my cluster, and 2 producers...

My producers are reporting to 2 topics, one of which was not excepting
events.

I saw this exception in all my  brokers, around the time of the problem,
but I am not sure it is related:

ERROR error when processing request FetchRequest(topic:Raw, part:2
offset:26318976078 maxSize:307200) (kafka.server.KafkaRequestHandlers)
2012-07-25_19:32:46.89759 kafka.common.OffsetOutOfRangeException: offset
26318976078 is out of range

In order to return my service to the state of working I tried to restart
the brokers- but it didn't help me....

Then I tried to restart the producer process, this actually helped.

Unfortunately, I can't find the logs of the producer to this hour....

Has one of you faced such a case?

Thanks Guy,

P.S
I knew there is a problem using the TopicOffsetChecker (and nagios) I
shared with you a week ago

Re: My brokers stopped accepting events...

Posted by Jun Rao <ju...@gmail.com>.
Guy,

The ERROR is for the fetch request, not the produce request. Any other
exception/error you saw? Any exception/error on the producer side?

Thanks,

Jun