Posted to dev@lenya.apache.org by Christian Egli <ch...@wyona.com> on 2003/07/09 17:26:07 UTC

publication.xconf

Hi all

I'm about to introduce multilingual features in the creation,
publication, etc. processes.

One of the concepts that we'd like to have is a default language per
publication. In order to configure this I would have to resurrect
publication.xconf where I could specify the default language.

Michi, you have checked in something recently where you added a
comment about publication.xconf beeing deprecated. Can we have
publication.xconf back to configure the default language?

--
Christian Egli       christian.egli@wyona.com   +41 1 272 9161
                     Wyona AG, Hardstrasse 219, CH-8005 Zurich

Re: publication.xconf

Posted by Michael Wechner <mi...@apache.org>.
Christian Egli wrote:

>Hi all
>
>I'm about to introduce multilingual features in the creation,
>publication, etc. processes.
>
>One of the concepts that we'd like to have is a default language per
>publication. In order to configure this I would have to resurrect
>publication.xconf where I could specify the default language.
>
>Michi, you have checked in something recently where you added a
>comment about publication.xconf beeing deprecated. Can we have
>publication.xconf back to configure the default language?

we deprecated it because we  are doing all the tasks as Ant tasks, which
are being configured
via "build.xml" files. But sure we can resurrect it ;-) But I think it
is important that it is being read
just once during initialization in order to keep performance.

What is your idea to implement the mapping between the request and the
document of the default language?
Maybe we don't have to reinvent the wheel and somebody else from the
Cocoon community has done this before.
I remember some emails from the mailing list on multilinguals pages (I
think it was within the Forrest list).

Thanks

Michael