Posted to users@camel.apache.org by ychawla <pr...@yahoo.com> on 2011/07/28 21:18:10 UTC

Exception when configuring data source in imported file

Hello All,
I am using Camel 2.6.0 and have my routes set up using the Spring DSL in a
camel-context.xml file.  I am looking to connect to a database using
Hibernate with a pretty standard configuration:

   <bean id="dataSourceSQL"
class="com.mchange.v2.c3p0.ComboPooledDataSource"
        destroy-method="close">
        <property name="driverClass">
            <value>com.mysql.jdbc.Driver</value>
        </property>
        <property name="jdbcUrl">
            jdbc:mysql://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:3306/schema_name
        </property>
        ... (more properties below, omitted for brevity)
    </bean>

The bean above is in a descriptor file called 'dao.xml' and imported as
such:

<import resource="dao.xml"/>

When I start my application, I get the following error:

Caused by: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Cannot convert value of type
[org.apache.camel.core.xml.CamelPropertyPlaceholderDefinition] to required
type [java.util.Properties] for property 'properties': PropertyEditor
[org.springframework.beans.propertyeditors.PropertiesEditor] returned
inappropriate value
	at
org.springframework.beans.TypeConverterDelegate.convertIfNecessary(TypeConverterDelegate.java:227)
	at
org.springframework.beans.BeanWrapperImpl.convertIfNecessary(BeanWrapperImpl.java:447)

However, if I move this bean into camel-context.xml, everything works fine.

Does anyone have any ideas on what's going on here?

Thanks,
Yogesh

Re: Exception when configuring data source in imported file

Posted by ychawla <pr...@yahoo.com>.
Hi Claus,
I tried with Spring 2.5.x and 3.0.x.  I did read the Spring documentation
here:

http://static.springsource.org/spring/docs/2.5.x/reference/beans.html

and they had some alternate syntax as well:

  <bean id="dataSourceSQL"
 class="com.mchange.v2.c3p0.ComboPooledDataSource"
        destroy-method="close">
        <property name="driverClass" value="com.mysql.jdbc.Driver">
        <property name="jdbcUrl"
value="jdbc:mysql://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:3306/schema_name">
        ... (more properties below, omitted for brevity)
    </bean>

This did the trick.

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
On Thu, Jul 28, 2011 at 9:18 PM, ychawla <pr...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hello All,
> I am using Camel 2.6.0 and have my routes set up using the Spring DSL in a
> camel-context.xml file.  I am looking to connect to a database using
> Hibernate with a pretty standard configuration:
>
>   <bean id="dataSourceSQL"
> class="com.mchange.v2.c3p0.ComboPooledDataSource"
>        destroy-method="close">
>        <property name="driverClass">
>            <value>com.mysql.jdbc.Driver</value>
>        </property>
>        <property name="jdbcUrl">
>            jdbc:mysql://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:3306/schema_name
>        </property>
>        ... (more properties below, omitted for brevity)
>    </bean>
>
> The bean above is in a descriptor file called 'dao.xml' and imported as
> such:
>
> <import resource="dao.xml"/>
>
> When I start my application, I get the following error:
>

> Caused by: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Cannot convert value of type
> [org.apache.camel.core.xml.CamelPropertyPlaceholderDefinition] to required
> type [java.util.Properties] for property 'properties': PropertyEditor
> [org.springframework.beans.propertyeditors.PropertiesEditor] returned
> inappropriate value
>        at
> org.springframework.beans.TypeConverterDelegate.convertIfNecessary(TypeConverterDelegate.java:227)
>        at
> org.springframework.beans.BeanWrapperImpl.convertIfNecessary(BeanWrapperImpl.java:447)
>
> However, if I move this bean into camel-context.xml, everything works fine.
>
> Does anyone have any ideas on what's going on here?

Its a bit strange indeed. What version of Spring are you using?

I think there is also a xml include (not import). Can you try with that?

> Thanks,
> Yogesh

Claus Ibsen
FuseSource