Posted to dev@sling.apache.org by Ian Boston <ie...@tfd.co.uk> on 2015/07/01 22:52:27 UTC

Metrics instumentation.

Hi,
In SLING-4849 I am starting to work on a bundle that should make it
possible to instrument any classes running in a Sling JVM with Dropwizard
Metrics without having those classes modify any code. It will use the OSGi
WeavingHook, and ASM, inspired by Aries Spi-Fly weaving bundles.

I will work in a branch on GitHub initially, as it may come to nothing, but
I would expect the final home to be bundles/extensions/metrics so that it
can be available in any Sling launchpad.

The purpose of this email is to explain what SLING-4849 is and to start a
thread should anyone feel the need to discuss. (Rather than bring it to
list when it's all done and dusted).

Best Regards
Ian