Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Tim Armes <ta...@fr.imaje.com> on 2003/11/18 08:33:03 UTC

Deiitfy under Windows

Hi,

I'm currently running the deltify command in the post commit hook, as
suggested for version 0.33.0.  I have a couple of questions.

1) How can I confirm that the command has been run correctly?
2) Has anyone found a way to run the command as a background task under
windows?

Regards,

Tim

Re: Deiitfy under Windows

Posted by "C. Michael Pilato" <cm...@collab.net>.
Tim Armes <ta...@fr.imaje.com> writes:

> Hi,
>
> I'm currently running the deltify command in the post commit hook, as
> suggested for version 0.33.0.  I have a couple of questions.
>
> 1) How can I confirm that the command has been run correctly?

To do this, you'd need to use Berkeley utils before and after the run,
probably counting the number of "delta" vs. "fulltext" representations
rows you have (and verifying that the balance has shifted more towards
the "delta" count after the run).

Re: Deiitfy under Windows

Posted by John Peacock <jp...@rowman.com>.
Tim Armes wrote:
> 2) Has anyone found a way to run the command as a background task under
> windows?

Create a CMD file which does what you want and test that it runs in the
foreground.  Then add the command 'start' to the beginning of the line:

	start svnadmin deltify ...

See these links for more information:

	http://www.robvanderwoude.com/index.html
	http://www.microsoft.com/technet/treeview/default.asp?url=/technet/prodtechnol/winxppro/proddocs/start.asp

You may want to try 'start /b' which will not open a command window when it runs.

John

--
John Peacock
Rowman & Littlefield Publishing Group

RE: Deiitfy under Windows

Posted by Mark Griffiths <ma...@chive.com>.

> 2) Has anyone found a way to run the command as a background
> task under windows?

How about using the START command from a bat/cmd file?  By default, START
does not wait for the launched process to complete.

-Mark