Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Brad Baker <ba...@gmail.com> on 2006/12/14 17:53:36 UTC

Tagging for spam mails

We would like to add a spam report to the body of emails identified as
spam to make troubleshooting false positives easier. For instance:

--------------------
To: joeuser@ourserver.com
From: spammer@otherserver.com
Date: November 26, 2006 3:57PM
Subject: [spam] Buy ED Pills Now

The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog. The quick brown fox jumps
over the lazy dog. The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog. The
quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog.

------------------------
This email has been identified as spam for the following reasons:
Content analysis details: (6.77 points, 4.00 allowed)

pts rule name description
0.1 HTML_MESSAGE HTML included in message
0.1 HTML_TAG_EXISTS_TBODY HTML has "tbody" tag
0.6 NORMAL_HTTP_TO_IP Uses a dotted-decimal IP address in URL
6.5 BAYES_995 Bayesian spam probability is 99.5 to 100%
-0.5 DK_VERIFIED Domain Keys: signature passes verification
0.0 SPF_PASS SPF: sender matches SPF record (pass)
0.0 NO_RDNS2 Sending MTA has no reverse DNS
--------------------

>From this page:
http://spamassassin.apache.org/full/3.0.x/dist/doc/spamassassin.html#tagging_for_spam_mails

It looks like this option is what we want:   spam mail body text

I tried just adding "spam mail body text" to local.cf with no result
though. I also added a "1" to the end - that didn't work either.  We
are running spam assassin 3.1 and the report_safe option in local.cf
is set to 0.

Could anyone point me to more information on how this feature works? I
tried searching Google but didn't have much luck and the Spam Assassin
documentation is somewhat ambitious.

Thanks,
Brad

Re: Fwd: Tagging for spam mails

Posted by Theo Van Dinter <fe...@apache.org>.
On Thu, Dec 14, 2006 at 12:46:55PM -0500, Brad Baker wrote:
> I want report_safe 1 but I don't want the original message as an
> attachment - I want it included below the spam report (inline).  A lot
> of our users have problems with opening and managing attachments.

You'd have to write your own code to do that.  In SpamAssassin the two
options are: report_safe (put the original in an attachment), or only
modify the headers.

> It appears to be a spam tagging option per the spam assassin
> documentation. I'm hoping it will add the spam report to the body of
> the message w/o using attachments but I can't seem to figure out
> exactly how it works.

Reading the documentation link you sent, it's telling you what report_safe
does...

--
Randomly Selected Tagline:
"You might say 'So what?'"                         - Prof. Farr

Fwd: Tagging for spam mails

Posted by Brad Baker <ba...@gmail.com>.
>> Dont you want report_safe 1?

I want report_safe 1 but I don't want the original message as an
attachment - I want it included below the spam report (inline).  A lot
of our users have problems with opening and managing attachments.

>> I dont know what this "spam mail body text" thing is your talking about.

It appears to be a spam tagging option per the spam assassin
documentation. I'm hoping it will add the spam report to the body of
the message w/o using attachments but I can't seem to figure out
exactly how it works.

>> ambitious?
I meant to say ambiguous instead of ambitious. ;-)

Thanks
Brad

Re: Tagging for spam mails

Posted by Jim Maul <jm...@elih.org>.