Posted to dev@uima.apache.org by Ahmed Ayman <am...@gmail.com> on 2015/08/05 10:27:25 UTC

Apache UIMA Supports Arabic

Good Morning,

I would like to ask whether Apache UIMA Supports arabic or not and if yes
which version please.

Best Regards,
Ahmed Ayman

Re: Apache UIMA Supports Arabic

Posted by Marshall Schor <ms...@schor.com>.
The base UIMA framework supports various encodings (including UTF) for text
files, and people have used it to process Arabic text.

But it doesn't come with any pre-built annotators specific to Arabic.

-Marshall

Posted by Richard Eckart de Castilho <re...@apache.org>.
See this thread from a few days ago:

http://markmail.org/thread/5kglu34n66nj3c34