Posted to dev@plc4x.apache.org by Christofer Dutz <ch...@c-ware.de> on 2022/09/11 14:01:37 UTC

[API] Added a getArrayDimensions method to the PlcBrowseItems type

Hi all,

while I’m working on the UI and fine-tuning the API for the Browse API, I had to add some Array-Info types that in case of array types.
And as it turns out, in contrast to usual arrays in “normal” programming languages, in PLCs arrays seem to be able to start at any index and have a given number of elements.

So, I decided for a notation:

[{from-index} .. {to-index}]

And there can be multi-dimensional arrays, so there could be multiple of these array blocks in a chain.

Just wanted to keep you informed.

Chris

Re: [API] Added a getArrayDimensions method to the PlcBrowseItems type

Posted by Christofer Dutz <ch...@c-ware.de>.
I thought I'd use the power of social media and ask the industry what they use and not to rely on what we IT folks think the industry uses.

Holen Sie sich Outlook für Android<https://aka.ms/AAb9ysg>
+1  and for those who are interested here the article where it has been
publicly discussed:
https://www.linkedin.com/posts/christofer-dutz_automation-engineering-api-activity-6974392632059781123-d1PN
:-)

Posted by Christofer Dutz <ch...@c-ware.de>.