Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by tasneem <ta...@verchaska.com> on 2002/08/13 11:56:42 UTC

Java-XmlMapping

I am trying to run a Client example on Axis ....
But i have a problem when the return type is a String the service works fine.
but when i am trying to return a Hashtable instead of a string i get a null pointer .....

I guess there's some problem in my Java and Xml Type mapping

the deploy.wsdd which is formed Wsdl2java command looks something like this

<deployment
    xmlns="http://xml.apache.org/axis/wsdd/"

  <!-- Services from RandDService WSDL service -->

  <service name="RandD" provider="java:RPC">
      <parameter name="className" value="com.vtech.gcf.control.ws2.RandDSoapBindingSkeleton"/>
      <parameter name="scope" value="Session"/>

      <typeMapping
        xmlns:ns="http://util.java"
        qname="ns:Dictionary"
        type="java:java.util.Dictionary"
      />
      <typeMapping
        xmlns:ns="http://util.java"
        qname="ns:Hashtable"
        type="java:java.util.Hashtable"
      />
  </service>
</deployment>

where it is making this mapping for the hashtable now what should i do .......please help .....

Thanks In Advance
TASNEEM