Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by Nick Morizio <nm...@yahoo.com> on 2012/10/13 17:49:51 UTC

Issue removing rows

I'm wondering if anyone has seen this issue before:

We are running Cassandra 1.1.5 on linux, latest Oracle JDK 6.

Starting with a fresh, empty cassandra on a new ring (~7 nodes), we create our keyspace and insert a row.  We then try to remove that row, at which point the operation fails and times out. We can keep inserting new rows, but this failure occurs as soon as we try to remove one.

The specific error we are getting is an exception in MutationStage, caused by an IllegalArgumentException to Buffer.limit() while trying to perform the mutate.  This same error occurs on any node where we try this test.

The commit logs are created, but as far as I can tell no data is ever written to the keyspace dir.

We are using StorageProxy directly, but in this case it is pretty much a copy/paste from what the thrift server is doing.

This code has been working without issue on other servers, but for some reason it is not working on a new set of servers and I'm at a loss trying to diagnose.

Has anybody seen a similar issue?

Re: Issue removing rows

Posted by Nick Morizio <nm...@yahoo.com>.
Thanks,  I will check into that!

i have used StorageProxy and was forgetting to rewind (or otherwise
setup my ByteBuffer properly) and was getting, i believe, the same
error.

check your ByteBuffers

Re: Issue removing rows

Posted by "B. Todd Burruss" <bt...@gmail.com>.