Posted to user@bloodhound.apache.org by Mahdi Mankai <mm...@gmail.com> on 2015/10/09 16:50:00 UTC

Permissions per Product vs Global

Hi,

I am new to bloodhound and I am trying to properly configure it. In Admin > Global Settings I set the groups and permissions and I would like to apply this to all my products. I don’t see how I can do that easily without doing the same thing again for each product.

Can anyone help?

Thanks,

Mahdi

Re: Permissions per Product vs Global

Posted by Ryan J Ollos <rj...@apache.org>.
On Sat, Oct 10, 2015 at 6:36 AM, Mahdi Mankai <mm...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Yes, When a product is created it gets some default set of permissions
> that I apply automatically regardless the global permissions.
>
> For example, my global permissions deny viewing a ticket for anonymous
> users. If I don’t go and manually set the proper permissions for the
> product, anonymous users can still view my products tickets if they have
> the proper URL.
>
> *Mahdi*

As far as I know, your only option would be to script the removal of the
permissions. "product admin <product-id>" is the command string that
precedes "permission remove" (1) in order to scope the command to a product.

trac-admin <path-to-env> product admin <product-id> permission remove
<user-or-group> <action>

(1) http://trac.edgewall.org/wiki/TracAdmin#/permission remove

Re: Permissions per Product vs Global

Posted by Mahdi Mankai <mm...@gmail.com>.