Posted to dev@chemistry.apache.org by David Torres <da...@dotcms.org> on 2009/05/12 15:07:37 UTC

Initial Contact and Advice

Mr. Jukka Zitting,

My name is David Torres and I'm one of the Senior Lead Developers for
the dotCMS Open Source Web Content Management System Project
(www.dotcms.org), we have been following the CMIS standard during the
last months and we are really excited about the new Apache Chemistry
initiative, so we feel we should engage and try to find the best way
to contribute to this project, we believe this new standard as well as
the Chemistry project is the way to go for any CMS that want to
differentiate itself as a Enterprise one, so the Chemistry project
really fits in our plans of becoming a CMIS compliance product that is
why I'm contacting you as the Champion of this project to look for
your advice on further contacts and protocols we got to follow to
hopefully become active contributors and committers for the project.

dotCMS is based in Miami, FL, USA and but we have personnel on several
places of US as well as offshore. It's been on the market since 1995,
and we have successfully deployed our system in several institutions
in US, we have a knowledgeable team of Java developers with years of
experience in the Content Management Systems world, Java and Web
standards, so we really think we can contribute with the project as
well as we'll get benefit from it.

As this initial contact I'll appreciate any guidance you can give me
as a start point for my company in continuing efforts to become part
of this project and for further communications with the Chemistry
project itself.

Regards,

David Torres
dotCMS
Main: 305.858.1422
Direct: 786.594.5288
Fax: 786.594.5287
http://www.dotcms.org
http://www.twitter.com/dotCMS
http://twitter.com/david_dotcms

"Packt Publishing's 2008 Best Non PHP Open Source CMS Finalist"

Re: Initial Contact and Advice

Posted by Jukka Zitting <ju...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

On Tue, May 12, 2009 at 3:07 PM, David Torres <da...@dotcms.org> wrote:
> My name is David Torres and I'm one of the Senior Lead Developers for
> the dotCMS Open Source Web Content Management System Project
> (www.dotcms.org), we have been following the CMIS standard during the
> last months and we are really excited about the new Apache Chemistry
> initiative, so we feel we should engage and try to find the best way
> to contribute to this project

Excellent, welcome!

> As this initial contact I'll appreciate any guidance you can give me
> as a start point for my company in continuing efforts to become part
> of this project and for further communications with the Chemistry
> project itself.

See [1] and [2] for a general overview of how Apache works and how to
get involved with Apache projects.

which is a good first step. Follow the discussions here and chime in
whenever there is something you're interested in. We haven't yet made
an official release, but you can check out the latest sources from svn
and try integrating it with your CMS. Use the mailing list if you have
any questions, and don't hesitate to file Jira issues if you encounter
bugs or come up with ideas for improvement. And patches are of course
very much welcome.

[1] http://www.apache.org/foundation/how-it-works.html
[2] http://www.apache.org/foundation/getinvolved.html

BR,