Posted to dev@shindig.apache.org by Chris Chabot <ch...@xs4all.nl> on 2008/06/05 10:35:14 UTC

Re: Update on Shindig's java OpenSocial RESTful support

Hey Guys,

We had a bit of time pass since these emails, hows the weather on the
RESTful spec compliance side now? I kind of started laying the
groundwork today now that i caught up with the email & patches backlog
after the google I/O and my fingers are itching to get started on
this :)

	-- Chris

Posted by Chris Chabot <ch...@xs4all.nl>.
We will hopefully start on this any-day-now, as soon as i get the
basic REST support done :)

	-- Chris

Posted by Kevin Brown <et...@google.com>.
On Mon, Jun 9, 2008 at 1:27 AM, Rohit Ghatol <ro...@google.com> wrote:

> Hi,
> I wanted to know whats the plan for oauth, any idea when we can see this
> coming in Shindig. Also, where can I read more about social tokens?

There are two sides of OAuth in Shindig:

- OAuth consumers (makeRequest) -- this is already implemented.
- OAuth service provider (for RESTful) -- Dave Primmer and others are
actively working on this for Java; I'm not sure if Chris or anyone else is
working on it for PHP.

The security token is simply an efficient and secure way to pass credentials
to a gadget; it's implemented in the SecurityToken class. It's a cookie
equivalent, storing some encrypted key-value pairs for authentication.

Posted by Rohit Ghatol <ro...@google.com>.
Hi,

Posted by David Primmer <da...@gmail.com>.
Hi Chris,