Posted to users@cxf.apache.org by da...@yeralin.net on 2019/06/04 20:53:15 UTC

Verbose exception

Hello everyone,

I’m using `cxf-rt-frontend-jaxrs-3.3.0` version, and I’m encountering the following error.
Whenever there is some serialization issue, I simply see the following in logs:

JAXRSUtils:1850 - Problem with writing the data, class java.util.ArrayList, ContentType: application/json

It is hard to understand what exactly when wrong, so what I would usually do is to put a breakpoint at JAXRSUtils:1850 then I’d go up in the stack trace and look at the cause of the exception being thrown. It’s a little bit hacky, but it works. In non-dev environments this approach is not applicable :D So, is there a way to make JaxRs to be mode verbose in terms of what caused the problem with writing data.

I’m really sorry if I missed something in the docs or asking a dumb question :)

Best,
Daniyar Yeralin

Re: Verbose exception

Posted by Colm O hEigeartaigh <co...@apache.org>.
Hi,

I've merged a fix so that the stacktrace gets logged when logging is
enabled at FINE level.

Colm.

--
Colm O hEigeartaigh