Posted to dev@apex.apache.org by Amol Kekre <am...@datatorrent.com> on 2015/09/01 00:42:34 UTC

Re: Incubator PMC/Board report for Sep 2015 ([ppmc])

Here is the new list

 1. Foster a diverse and vibrant Apex community
 2. Start using ASF Jira
 3. Release Apex-Core, and Apex-Malhar at least twice
 4. Create an incubating web site (http://apex.incubator.apache.org <
http://apex.incubator.apache.org/>)
 5. Complete software donation

Thks,
Amol

Posted by Ted Dunning <te...@gmail.com>.
If you use a separate branch, I suggest following the github convention and
using gh-pages for the branch name.  That allows you to use github as a
preview facility for the site.

Posted by Hitesh Shah <hi...@apache.org>.

Posted by Andy Perlitch <an...@datatorrent.com>.
Thanks a lot Hitesh!

> [...]

> > somehow be pushed to this directory: people.apache.org:/www/
> apex.apache.org
> > (currently nonexistent). I am uncertain whether I have the necessary
> > credentials to create either one of those.
> >
> > Chris (or anyone else in the know), can you provide any insight I might
> be
> > missing?
> >
> > Regards,
> > Andy
> >
> > On Wed, Sep 2, 2015 at 6:07 PM, Andy Perlitch <an...@datatorrent.com>
> wrote:
> >
> >> I have updated http://incubator.apache.org/projects/apex.html. Replaced
> >> some of the placeholder text with appropriate links, removed a few
> unused
> >> sections, and added link to the September 2015 status report. Tomorrow I
> >> will start in on the project website itself!

Andy Perlitch
Software Engineer
DataTorrent Inc
(408)829-9319

Re: Incubator PMC/Board report for Sep 2015 ([ppmc])

Posted by Ted Dunning <te...@gmail.com>.
On Thu, Sep 3, 2015 at 3:01 PM, Hitesh Shah <hi...@apache.org> wrote:

> I believe Drill is using gitpubsub -
> https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=drill-site.git;a=summary.

Yes. And this is working fairly well.  Having the web site in markdown form
is very easy to deal with and avoiding the CMS system seems to help with
issues in updates.

The major upside besides avoiding issues is that pull requests can be
accepted from github for the web-site.

Re: Incubator PMC/Board report for Sep 2015 ([ppmc])

Posted by Hitesh Shah <hi...@apache.org>.

Posted by Andy Perlitch <an...@datatorrent.com>.
I created APEX-90 <https://malhar.atlassian.net/browse/APEX-90> to track
progress on the incubator website. Thomas, I read through
http://incubator.apache.org/guides/sites.html, however it is not entirely
clear to me how to "initialize" the podling site. I have a feeling that a
new svn repo needs to be created under
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator, the contents of which will
somehow be pushed to this directory: people.apache.org:/www/apex.apache.org
(currently nonexistent). I am uncertain whether I have the necessary
credentials to create either one of those.

Chris (or anyone else in the know), can you provide any insight I might be
missing?

Regards,
Andy

On Wed, Sep 2, 2015 at 6:07 PM, Andy Perlitch <an...@datatorrent.com> wrote:

> I have updated http://incubator.apache.org/projects/apex.html. Replaced
> some of the placeholder text with appropriate links, removed a few unused
> sections, and added link to the September 2015 status report. Tomorrow I
> will start in on the project website itself!
>
> On Wed, Sep 2, 2015 at 11:32 AM, Thomas Weise <th...@datatorrent.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Podling web site instructions are here:
>>
>> http://incubator.apache.org/guides/sites.html
>>

>> On Tue, Sep 1, 2015 at 11:56 PM, Amol Kekre <am...@datatorrent.com> wrote:
>>
>> > Andy,
>> > The instructions for editing the incubator page are ->
>> > http://incubator.apache.org/guides/website.html  (see Chetan's earlier
>> > email). It also has instructions for generating top level pages.
>> >
>> > Thks,
>> > Amol

>> items
>> terse.
>> INFRA-10145
>> > community"
>> make
>> assigned to

>> site"
>> report
>> the

>> http://apex.incubator.apache.org <

>> justinmclean@me.com>

>> http://apex.incubator.apache.org <

> --
> Regards,
> Andy Perlitch
> Software Engineer
> DataTorrent Inc
> (408)829-9319

Andy Perlitch
Software Engineer
DataTorrent Inc
(408)829-9319

Re: Incubator PMC/Board report for Sep 2015 ([ppmc])

Posted by Andy Perlitch <an...@datatorrent.com>.

wrote:

> Podling web site instructions are here:
>
> http://incubator.apache.org/guides/sites.html
>

> On Tue, Sep 1, 2015 at 11:56 PM, Amol Kekre <am...@datatorrent.com> wrote:
>
> > Andy,
> > The instructions for editing the incubator page are ->
> > http://incubator.apache.org/guides/website.html  (see Chetan's earlier
> > email). It also has instructions for generating top level pages.
> >
> > Thks,
> > Amol
> >

> > On Tue, Sep 1, 2015 at 11:08 PM, Andy Perlitch <an...@datatorrent.com>
> > wrote:
> >
> > > I'd be happy to take up the incubation website work.
> > >
> > > --Andy

> > > adherence
> items
> terse.
> > community"
> > > requirements

> site"
> > > and
> report
> > > nearly
> the

> <

> justinmclean@me.com>

> <

Andy Perlitch
Software Engineer
DataTorrent Inc
(408)829-9319

Re: Incubator PMC/Board report for Sep 2015 ([ppmc])

Posted by Thomas Weise <th...@datatorrent.com>.

Posted by Amol Kekre <am...@datatorrent.com>.
Andy,

Posted by Andy Perlitch <an...@datatorrent.com>.

Posted by Chris Nauroth <cn...@hortonworks.com>.
You're right.  It actually looks like quite a few still have an empty
list.  :-)

+1 for the current report.  I applied my mentor sign-off, and I added the
following mentor note:

Chris Nauroth: We are already seeing substantial public discussion on the
dev mailing list, both in terms of number of messages and the content of
those messages.  Collaboration is going well.

Thanks again, Amol.  Everyone, you've done a great job kicking off the
process!

--Chris Nauroth

Posted by Amol Kekre <am...@datatorrent.com>.
Chris,
It is actually strictly <= 3 :) Some were just two, one had just one :) I
removed the two you listed. I think software donation work is done unless I

Posted by Chris Nauroth <cn...@hortonworks.com>.

Posted by Amol Kekre <am...@datatorrent.com>.