Posted to general@incubator.apache.org by Jim Jagielski <ji...@jaguNET.com> on 2009/04/30 15:06:58 UTC

Re: New committers

On Apr 28, 2009, at 9:14 AM, Curt Arnold wrote:

> Good to see some new faces, but I'm curious about how it happened.
> I don't recall any discussion or votes and I didn't request new
> accounts or make changes to the SVN authorization file.

Christian Grobmeier, as you said, was an obvious choice and wanted
commit. He already had an account and his iCLA was on file, so I
added him to the commit list for log4php.

Re: New committers

Posted by Christian Grobmeier <gr...@gmail.com>.
>> Christian Grobmeier, as you said, was an obvious choice and wanted
>> commit. He already had an account and his iCLA was on file, so I
>> added him to the commit list for log4php.
>
> I also support this decision. Sometimes it is necessary to be flexible
> to get moving again...

Even when the kind of getting into the project was a bit unusual - it
has worked. Everything looks more alive now and even old log4php
rockstars are back on stage. Thats great :-) Log4php is a too
important project to die young

Christian

Re: New committers

Posted by Christian Grobmeier <gr...@gmail.com>.

Re: New committers

Posted by Niclas Hedhman <ni...@hedhman.org>.
On Thu, Apr 30, 2009 at 9:06 PM, Jim Jagielski <ji...@jagunet.com> wrote:

> On Apr 28, 2009, at 9:14 AM, Curt Arnold wrote:
>
>> Good to see some new faces, but I'm curious about how it happened.  I
>> don't recall any discussion or votes and I didn't request new accounts or
>> make changes to the SVN authorization file.
>>

> Christian Grobmeier, as you said, was an obvious choice and wanted
> commit. He already had an account and his iCLA was on file, so I
> added him to the commit list for log4php.

I also support this decision. Sometimes it is necessary to be flexible
to get moving again...

Cheers
--
Niclas Hedhman, Software Developer