Posted to commits@subversion.apache.org by Julian Foad <ju...@wandisco.com> on 2010/05/27 18:53:42 UTC

Re: svn commit: r948849 - notes/feedback/hwright-user-visits

hwright@apache.org wrote:
> * notes/feedback/hwright-user-visits:
>   Add some additional comments sent to me by a user.

That's good.

Any chance of more details on the concerns of User 2?  Particularly:

* No zero-change commit support.
  -- supporting empty commits? what for?

* Long option names
  -- finds the long names irritating and wants short equivalents?

* Merge ancestry issues are painful
  -- anything specific, or an example of what this means?

* Want 'svn diff@WORKING'
  -- what?

* Long-running merge operations
  -- it's just a pain that they take so long, or something else?

- Julian

Re: svn commit: r948849 - notes/feedback/hwright-user-visits

Posted by Stefan Sperling <st...@elego.de>.
On Thu, May 27, 2010 at 05:53:42PM +0100, Julian Foad wrote:
> * Long option names
>   -- finds the long names irritating and wants short equivalents?

I think we've already addressed this request, at least partly.
I've added a couple of option aliases on trunk a while back.
I did it because I got tired of typing --reintegrate and other such long options.
Maybe the user had the same problem as I did.
We could review more options in need of short aliases.
The current list of aliases can be seen in subversion/svn/main.c.

And I agree with your request for more detailed information about the
desired enhancements.

Stefan