Posted to java-dev@axis.apache.org by Paul Fremantle <pz...@gmail.com> on 2008/01/23 10:41:37 UTC

Generating Async services

By default Axis2 generates synchronous services - the MessageReceivers
extending the Sync abstract message receivers.

The result of this is that when a client calls with a real WS-A
non-anonymous replyto, the HTTP connection *still* blocks waiting for
the service to finish processing.

This is easily fixed by changing the message receiver to extend the
Async abstract message receiver. In fact, this works really well. You
change two letters in your generated code and now both async and sync
calls work nicely.

So... my proposal is that we add an option to WSDL2Java to generate this.

Paul

--
Paul Fremantle
OASIS WS-RX TC Co-chair

blog: http://pzf.fremantle.org
paul@wso2.com

Re: Generating Async services

Posted by Paul Fremantle <pz...@gmail.com>.
Ping. No Ack!

Paul

On Jan 23, 2008 9:41 AM, Paul Fremantle <pz...@gmail.com> wrote:
> By default Axis2 generates synchronous services - the MessageReceivers
> extending the Sync abstract message receivers.
>
> The result of this is that when a client calls with a real WS-A
> non-anonymous replyto, the HTTP connection *still* blocks waiting for
> the service to finish processing.
>
> This is easily fixed by changing the message receiver to extend the
> Async abstract message receiver. In fact, this works really well. You
> change two letters in your generated code and now both async and sync
> calls work nicely.
>
> So... my proposal is that we add an option to WSDL2Java to generate this.
>
> Paul
>
> --
> Paul Fremantle
> OASIS WS-RX TC Co-chair