Posted to user@ant.apache.org by Greg Roodt <gr...@gmail.com> on 2008/09/23 15:10:33 UTC

Optional classpath entry support for FTP task

Hi

I would like to specify the  jar locations for the optional FTP task
in the build.xml, in the same way that it can be done for the JUnit
task. Does anybody know if this can be done?

My initial investigations show that the commons-net and oro jars must
be added into ANT_HOME/lib or .ant/lib or the CLASSPATH. I dont really
like those options, since they do not support the idea of complete or
portable builds.

Would anybody else like this functionality added to Ant?

Kind Regards
Greg Roodt

Re: Optional classpath entry support for FTP task

Posted by Nan Null <nu...@gmail.com>.
I haven't found the solution to this, however, I pass the following to
the ant command as a parameter

-lib <path>\commons-net-1.4.1.jar -lib <path>\jakarta-oro-2.0.8.jar

If you find your solution, please let me know.  The problem I think is
that ftp task was defined already in a parent classloader.  If you
declare it inside build.xml, it will always be loaded by the child
classloader, so it won't be reached.

There maybe a way around this.  Maybe Ant developer or guru may know
more about this.