Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by "Husain, Yavar" <yh...@firstam.com> on 2012/03/05 18:19:07 UTC

ngram synonyms & dismax together

I have ngram-indexed 2 fields (columns in the database) and the third one is my full text field. Now my default text field is the full text field and while querying I use dismax handler and specify in it both the ngrammed field with certain boost values and also full text field with a certain boost value.

Problem for me if I dont use dismax and just search full text field(i.e. default field specified in schema) synonyms work correctly i.e. ca returns all results where california is there whereas if i use dismax ca is also searched in the ngrammed fields and return partial matches of the word ca and does not go at all in the synonym part.

I want to use synonyms in every case so how should I go about it?
This message may contain confidential or proprietary information intended only for the use of the
addressee(s) named above or may contain information that is legally privileged. If you are
not the intended addressee, or the person responsible for delivering it to the intended addressee,
you are hereby notified that reading, disseminating, distributing or copying this message is strictly
prohibited. If you have received this message by mistake, please immediately notify us by
replying to the message and delete the original message and any copies immediately thereafter.

Thank you.-
FAFLD

Re: ngram synonyms & dismax together

Posted by Erick Erickson <er...@gmail.com>.
Where are synonyms in your ngrammed-field filter chain? It would help
if you showed the two field definitions.

Try using the admin/analysis page to see each step in the transformation,
be sure to check the verbose checkbox.

And examples of the input, and results (&debugQuery=on) would also be
useful.

Best
Erick