Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Frank Uccello <fr...@phantomfiber.com> on 2008/10/20 19:57:52 UTC

naroow down my issue

Specs: Tomcat5.5, java 1.5, windows 2003 sp2

I still having an issue with connecting to my tomcat via iss (it connect
to localhost:8060/IT/servlet but not localhost/IT/servlet

After much digging and  I maybe incorrect here but I think it has to
with my server.xml file

The basic error log now tell me tomcat is on the wrong port but like I
stated I can connect to the port see above

Here the line:
<Connector className="org.apache.coyote.tomcat5.CoyoteConnector"
debug="0"

protocolHandlerClassName="org.apache.jk.server.JkCoyoteHandler"
acceptCount="10"
               useURIValidationHack="false" />

I think it has to do with this line since I just copy the server.xml
from a working tomcat 4 and this server using tomcat 5 and  the only
thing I changed is tomcat4.coyoteconnector to tomcat5.coyoteconnector

Let me know if line is the correct use or can some tell me what is the
correct syntax

Thanks

RE: naroow down my issue

Posted by "Caldarale, Charles R" <Ch...@unisys.com>.
> From: Frank Uccello [mailto:franku@phantomfiber.com]
> Subject: naroow down my issue
>
> I think it has to do with this line since I just copy the server.xml
> from a working tomcat 4

Fatal error.  Go back to the default server.xml that came with your 5.5 version of Tomcat and update that with the changes you need.  There are too many differences between 4 and 5 to get away with what you did.

 - Chuck