Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by Abhinav Anand <ab...@gmail.com> on 2014/03/18 02:26:30 UTC

Producer load balancing

Hi,
 I am using the kafka producer 0.8. Each producer seem to be sending
messages only to a specific broker until metadata refresh. Also I find each
producer thread connected to only one broker at once.

I had read that producer send messages in round robin fashion. Is there
some specific configuration to enable round robin message delivery ?

--
Abhinav Anand

Re: Producer load balancing

Posted by Neha Narkhede <ne...@gmail.com>.
The behavior that you described is explained here -
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/KAFKA/FAQ#FAQ-Whyisdatanotevenlydistributedamongpartitionswhenapartitioningkeyisnotspecified
?

Thanks,
Neha