Posted to user@ignite.apache.org by John Smith <ja...@gmail.com> on 2019/04/11 21:17:28 UTC

Trying to understand the capacity calculator

Hi, using the calculator spread sheet downloaded here:
https://apacheignite.readme.io/docs/capacity-planning

I have
10 000 000 objects
100 bytes average
0 backups

According to the calculator I need 2.7 GB and about 4.3GB of disk.
This includes the 30% indexes and the 100% in RAM calculations and native
persistence = true.

Lets assume single node deployment...

1- Does it mean that I need give or take 3GB of physical RAM on the host
and set OFF-HEAP value to 3GB?
2- And give or take 5GB of physical disk space and set the data region 5GB?
3- Now lets say I get 10 million and 1 objects would I get OOM?

Re: Trying to understand the capacity calculator

Posted by John Smith <ja...@gmail.com>.
Thanks.

One last question.

If I set the off-heap to 3GB but I want to store more data then the
allowable heap size, that means I need to have set the disk persistence to
bigger file size correct?
And the heap will only contain the active/latest entries while the rest
will be on disk?