Posted to user@struts.apache.org by "Chaikin, Yaakov Y." <YA...@saic.com> on 2004/10/28 16:06:17 UTC

Hiding .do

Hi,

Could someone either explain the steps or point me to a web page that
explains how to develop/deploy a Struts based app without the user having to
see the ".do" in the URLs but still take advantage of the Struts custom
tags?

Thanks,
Yaakov.

Re: Hiding .do

Posted by Dakota Jack <cr...@gmail.com>.
Apparently you misconstrued my statement, James.  The tags don't add
".do" but they do add, as you say, "whatever it is that you have
specified for the servlet mapping", which can be, of course, ".do".
My statement was not that you were wrong, but that the person that
said that the tags always add ".do" was mistaken.  What you say, of
course, is right.

Jack

~Native Proverb~

Re: Hiding .do

Posted by James Mitchell <jm...@apache.org>.

Re: Hiding .do

Posted by Dakota Jack <cr...@gmail.com>.
James' condition, viz. "if you've coded your app without hard
references to '.do'", is really important here.  But, you can change
your extension to anything you want, as he says.

You are mistaken that the tags add ".do".  They don't.  The answer to
your question has been extensively discussed in the lists and you can
find the answers you need at:

http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=struts-user&r=1&w=2

Jack

On Thu, 28 Oct 2004 10:14:15 -0400, James Mitchell <jm...@apache.org> wrote:
> If you've coded your app without hard references to ".do", then you only
> need to change the web.xml file and all links/forms will be changed.
>
> For some fun, try changing to *.aspx and give a demo to your boss!!
>
> --
> James Mitchell
> EdgeTech, Inc.
> 678.910.8017