Posted to dev@drill.apache.org by Christopher Merrick <ch...@gmail.com> on 2013/01/18 05:12:21 UTC

intro and direction

Hi all,

I'm excited about the vision of this project and would like to volunteer to
help.  I've got plenty of java experience but can't say I've worked on
anything quite like this before.  I work at a business intelligence SaaS
company called RJMetrics <http://www.rjmetrics.com> - but initially I'd
only be able to contribute my personal time.

I noticed that the query-parser unit tests aren't passing, and also that a
logical test or two are conspicuously absent (the HAVING clause is never
tested).  This seems like a good place to dip my toe in... but if anyone
has better suggestions I'd appreciate some direction.  Just lead this horse
to water.

Looking forward to it.

cheers,
Chris Merrick

Re: intro and direction

Posted by Ellen Friedman <b....@gmail.com>.
Chris,

Welcome to Apache Drill and thanks for your willingness to help build Drill.

Ellen Friedman

Re: intro and direction

Posted by Jacques Nadeau <ja...@gmail.com>.
Let me fix that link: