Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by ab...@hushmail.com on 2013/10/05 17:41:53 UTC

Please Email Me the Word and PDF Formats User Guides for the Stated ProGrams

	Apache OpenOffice user interface: a general description of the Apache
OpenOffice user interface

	Formatting a document: describes the different options the users have
to shape a document

	Find & Replace: Apache OpenOffice has a powerful tool to find text
and/or formatting

	Autocorrect options: An editing tool that permits to automate several
substitution tasks like correcting misspelled words

	Supported file formats: Apache OpenOffice can read and write a large
number of file formats

	Extensions: Adding more functionality to Apache OpenOffice

	General options: General configuration options that affect the whole
suite

	"CookBook": quick tips for specific tasks

	Writer guide: A complete guide for Writer, the word processor
component. This link leads to an index

	Calc guide: A complete guide for Calc, the spreadsheet component.
This link leads to an index

	Impress guide: A complete guide for Impress, the presentation
component. This link leads to an index

	Draw guide: A complete guide for Draw, the vector drawing tool
component. This link leads to an index

	Math guide: A complete guide for Math, the equation editor component
that you can use in other components. This link leads to an index

	Base guide: A complete guide for Base, the database component. This
link leads to an index

	Advanced topics: Regular expressions, programming macros, graphite
font technology...

	Integrating components: A Chart inside your presentation? Inserting
data from your bibliographic database on your text document?

Re: Please Email Me the Word and PDF Formats User Guides for the Stated ProGrams

Posted by Kay Schenk <ka...@gmail.com>.
On Sat, Oct 5, 2013 at 8:41 AM, <ab...@hushmail.com> wrote:

>         Apache OpenOffice user interface: a general description of the
> Apache
> OpenOffice user interface
>
>         Formatting a document: describes the different options the users
> have
> to shape a document
>
>         Find & Replace: Apache OpenOffice has a powerful tool to find text
> and/or formatting
>
>         Autocorrect options: An editing tool that permits to automate
> several
> substitution tasks like correcting misspelled words
>
>         Supported file formats: Apache OpenOffice can read and write a
> large
> number of file formats
>
>         Extensions: Adding more functionality to Apache OpenOffice
>
>         General options: General configuration options that affect the
> whole
> suite
>
>         "CookBook": quick tips for specific tasks
>
>         Writer guide: A complete guide for Writer, the word processor
> component. This link leads to an index
>
>         Calc guide: A complete guide for Calc, the spreadsheet component.
> This link leads to an index
>
>         Impress guide: A complete guide for Impress, the presentation
> component. This link leads to an index
>
>         Draw guide: A complete guide for Draw, the vector drawing tool
> component. This link leads to an index
>
>         Math guide: A complete guide for Math, the equation editor
> component
> that you can use in other components. This link leads to an index
>
>         Base guide: A complete guide for Base, the database component. This
> link leads to an index
>
>         Advanced topics: Regular expressions, programming macros, graphite
> font technology...
>
>         Integrating components: A Chart inside your presentation? Inserting
> data from your bibliographic database on your text document?

We do not currently have a PDF of these topics for the new User Guide under
development.
(See http://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation). However, you can a PDF
of the complete OpenOffice 3.3. User Guide in that form from this same page.

Until a new complete 4.0.x User Guide is complete,  you can create your own
"book" from the pages which do exist in the new User Guide, and then
download it as PDF. See the "Create a book" menu entry in the left hand
navigation.

Oddly, when you use this, you will nerd to navigate back to the main
Documentation area, and to the new User Guide area to begin your book
creation.  The default area for book creation seems to be the Developer
Guide.

MzK

"Truth is stranger than fiction, but it is because Fiction is obliged
 to stick to possibilities. Truth isn't."
                             -- "Following the Equator", Mark Twain