Posted to soap-user@ws.apache.org by Brian Shields <bg...@yahoo.com> on 2004/02/26 18:05:13 UTC

namespace errors

Hi All,

I have created a webservice using apache soap. One of the service methods accepts a DataHandler object from the javax.activation package. This appears in the WSDL file as a DataHandler from the http://xml.apache.org/xml-soap This is giving a "model error" when stubs are created from a JWSDP client! Does anyone know why?

Thanks,

Brian.

Re: namespace errors

Posted by Brian Shields <bg...@yahoo.com>.
thanks scott. The DataHandler i am using contains an xml file, a way around using DataHandlers is to put the XML file into a string which can be done using JDOMs XMLOutputter.
Regards,
Brian.

Scott Nichol <sn...@scottnichol.com> wrote:
You get the error because Sun's implementation does not know about the http://xml.apache.org/xml-soap namespace. Some SOAP implementations build in some knowledge of that namespace, but it is not widely supported.

The whole notion of passing an attachment as a parameter is not universally supported, either. Nor is the WSDL representation of a message with attachments (http://www.w3.org/TR/wsdl#_Toc492291084).

My knowledge of Sun's support for attachments is incomplete. The SAAJ API is what I am familiar with. It is designed to allow you to create and examine SOAP messages that include attachments. Clients using SAAJ build and dissect messages at a low-level and use SOAPConnection for transport. I do not see any way to use JAX-RPC APIs, e.g. javax.xml.rpc.Call provides no access to attachments. As such, I doubt you can expect Sun's code to consume WSDL for a call with an attachment, even if the WSDL includes a MIME description and the attachment is not also a parameter.

So, with JWSDP, I think you are left to use SAAJ to interact with your service.

Scott Nichol

specific mail lists.

Re: namespace errors