Posted to user@hama.apache.org by Kostas Xirog <k0...@gmail.com> on 2013/07/14 12:20:04 UTC

Permission denied start-bspd.sh

Hello, I'm trying to install hama 0.6.2, I did everything needed, and I
can;'t get start-bspd.sh to run....
I've installed it at /usr/local/hama , my hadoop group username is hduser
and I did run this command:

sudo chown -R hduser:hadoop /usr/local/hama

Still getting  "-bash: /usr/local/hama/bin/start-bspd.sh: Permission denied"

I had hama 0.6.0 running before and it was running fine!
Anything else I need to change in the permissions?
Any ideas are appreciated...

Thanks in advance,
Kostas X.

Re: Permission denied start-bspd.sh

Posted by Chia-Hung Lin <cl...@googlemail.com>.
It would work because the permission is opened to everyone, indicating
every user working on the same machine can change the file content,
which might lead to security issue in production environment. But if
that's just for personal use, that might be ok.

Posted by Kostas Xirog <k0...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Chia-Hung Lin <cl...@googlemail.com>.

Posted by "Edward J. Yoon" <ed...@apache.org>.
Do this all cluster nodes.