Posted to general@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Glenn Adams <gl...@skynav.com> on 2023/03/08 05:59:09 UTC

Using PR Merge Process - Part 2

2. Make changes, inspect the changes, then commit the changes as desired
(in local branch):

$ echo "*.bak" >> .gitignore
$ git diff
$ git commit -a -m 'Add *.bak to git ignores'
$ git push

[image: Screen Shot 2023-03-07 at 21.24.51.png]

Note that the 21 seconds time shown for the commit was due to the time it
took me to fetch my GPG passphrase from LastPass and paste it into the
popup from git commit. The signature for the previous commit (on the
current branch) can be shown thus:

[image: Screen Shot 2023-03-07 at 21.29.13.png]