Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Matt Cliff <cl...@cliffconsulting.com> on 2003/11/05 16:08:30 UTC

Commons Math Contributions

  I recently download the math commons subproject and would like to help
out.

  This is my first open source contribution effort and am looking forward
to extending to other projects.   I have a background in Mathematics (MS
and thesis work in Stochastic Analysis) and for the past several years
worked as a project lead for a Java Company.

  Basically,
   (1) What is the best way to contribute?   (submit patches to this
mailing list or through the bug tracking system?)   Also,  will the bug
tracking a new "Math" component to the Commons project?

   (2) What should I be working on?  (what do we need to do to get it to a
1.0 release?)   I would be more comfortable doing some 'maintenance' type
work intially,  downstream I can offer more substantitve math  (I had done
a bunch of work with DASSL and DASPK and their applications to Stochastic
differential equations).

   (3) Will there be a link on the
http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/index.html page to the Math Compont page?

   (4) I added a quick type-o patch for the tasks.xml doc to see if it is
the proper format.  (this is a cvs diff output)

  looking forward to helping out.

--
      Matt Cliff
      Cliff Consulting

      The label said install Windows 98 or better so I installed Linux.