Posted to dev@jackrabbit.apache.org by Julian Reschke <ju...@gmx.de> on 2007/04/16 18:15:49 UTC

Another TCK build issue... (JDK vs XSLT?)

Hi,

I've got a very strange build issue, where test cases fail only one one
of my two development machines.

I'm running JDK 1.4.2 and Maven 2.0.4 on both machines (one XP, one
Windows 2003).

The failure I'm getting is in org.apache.jackrabbit.test.TestAll:

+++
Tests run: 1055, Failures: 0, Errors: 56, Time elapsed: 52,813 sec

testExportSysView_stream_session_skipBinary_recurse(org.apache.jackrabbit.test.api.ExportSysViewTest)
  Time elapsed: 0 sec  <<< ERROR!

[ stdout ] ---------------------------------------------------------------

[ stderr ] ---------------------------------------------------------------

[ stacktrace ] -----------------------------------------------------------

javax.xml.transform.TransformerFactoryConfigurationError: Provider
org.apache.xalan.processor.TransformerFactoryImpl not found
	at javax.xml.transform.TransformerFactory.newInstance(Unknown Source)
	at
org.apache.jackrabbit.core.SessionImpl.exportSystemView(SessionImpl.java:1194)
	at
org.apache.jackrabbit.test.api.ExportSysViewTest.doTestWithStream(ExportSysViewTest.java:137)
	at
org.apache.jackrabbit.test.api.ExportSysViewTest.testExportSysView_stream_session_skipBinary_recurse(ExportSysViewTest.java:96)
+++

Some more investigation seems to show that mvn invokes junit's java
through the system path, and if *that* Java is 1.5, I'm getting the
error above.

However, when I change things so that Java 1.4 should be invoked, the
error warps into:

+++
Tests run: 1055, Failures: 0, Errors: 56, Time elapsed: 59,094 sec

testExportSysView_stream_session_skipBinary_recurse(org.apache.jackrabbit.test.api.ExportSysViewTest)
  Time elapsed: 0 sec  <<< ERROR!

[ stdout ] ---------------------------------------------------------------

[ stderr ] ---------------------------------------------------------------

[ stacktrace ] -----------------------------------------------------------

java.lang.ClassCastException
	at javax.xml.transform.TransformerFactory.newInstance(Unknown Source)
	at
org.apache.jackrabbit.core.SessionImpl.exportSystemView(SessionImpl.java:1194)
	at
org.apache.jackrabbit.test.api.ExportSysViewTest.doTestWithStream(ExportSysViewTest.java:137)
+++

...which of course doesn't help a lot.

Oh my. It's nice that things work on one machine, but I'd really really
like to understand what happens here, and how to fix it.

Any kind of help appreciated.

Julian