Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Kevin Burton <bu...@spinn3r.com> on 2015/04/23 07:12:53 UTC

Running ALL tests in a multi-module , then failing the entire build.

For our continuous integration setup, I want each module to run tests, and
continue even if the tests failed.

This way I can see the list of ALL test failures , across all modules, then
fix them all at once.

My understanding , is that I can enable this, but then the result of the
run is a successful build?  Is that true?

what’s the easiest way to set this up?

--

Founder/CEO Spinn3r.com
Location: *San Francisco, CA*

Re: Running ALL tests in a multi-module , then failing the entire build.

Posted by Stephen Connolly <st...@gmail.com>.
You probably want to also set

-DingnoreTestFailures

Or whatever it is called as those fail-at-end and fail-never just affect
the overall result. If an individual module fails during "test" it will
never get to "package" and the inter-module dependencies may not behave the
same (jar files behave differently from target/classes) or may be missing
(may be producing a war file to be consumed by an integration test module)

IMHO you want both

--
Sent from my phone

Re: Running ALL tests in a multi-module , then failing the entire build.

Posted by Mark Derricutt <ma...@talios.com>.