Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by sanraj25 <sa...@gmail.com> on 2008/10/03 13:48:46 UTC

commit in solr

 Hi,
           when we add document,delete document or update the document
commit is performed internally by solr.when we using any solr integration
module we have to explicitly call the commit.What is the purpose of
commit.while indexing the date we can do without  commit.But in solr we have
commit action is must.
why?
please explain detail.

-sanraj

Re: commit in solr

Posted by Shalin Shekhar Mangar <sh...@gmail.com>.
Hi Sanraj,

It would be helpful if you put more effort into writing your emails. It is
very difficult to understand your question.

Solr does not perform commits internally. You have to explicity call commit
once you are done adding/deleting your documents. A commit makes the changes
visible to the searcher. You should not commit very often due to the amount
of processing required by it.

There is an autoCommit feature in Solr which can be configured in
solrconfig.xml by number of documents and/or time.

On Fri, Oct 3, 2008 at 5:18 PM, sanraj25 <sa...@gmail.com> wrote:

>  Hi,
>           when we add document,delete document or update the document
> commit is performed internally by solr.when we using any solr integration
> module we have to explicitly call the commit.What is the purpose of
> commit.while indexing the date we can do without  commit.But in solr we
> have
> commit action is must.
> why?
> please explain detail.