Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Sam Gendler <sg...@ideasculptor.com> on 2006/10/19 03:52:10 UTC

ajax requests and https incompatiblities

I posted this on the tacos list, but there don't seem to be many
eyeballs over there today, so...

I've got a test server which is behind a reverse proxy which is
handling https.  As a result, Ajax requests are being requested with
http:// instead of https:// which is breaking things.  I assume this
is because the reverse proxy is terminating the https session and
sending a plain http request to tomcat/jetty.  I haven't investigated
this at all, I'm just going by the bug report, but I'm wondering how
tacos gets the protocol for URLs so that I can look at manipulating it
somehow.

In reality, our application will always be https and fronted by a
proxy, so simply hardcoding the thing is possible, but certainly not
preferred.