Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by dabboo <ag...@sapient.com> on 2009/03/16 08:04:54 UTC

Linguistic Variations in Solr

Hi,

I am implementing linguistic variations in solr search engine. I want to
implement this for US/UK/CA/AU english.

e.g. Color (UK) = Colour (US)

when user searches for either of the word, both results should appear.

Please suggest.

Thanks,
Amit Garg

Re: Linguistic Variations in Solr

Posted by dabboo <ag...@sapient.com>.
Hi,

Synonym is a good option but there may be so many words which sounds
similiar in different languages but spell differently. Is there any way I
can achieve how to implement it.

Thanks,
Amit Garg

Posted by Otis Gospodnetic <ot...@yahoo.com>.