Posted to dev@asterixdb.apache.org by Jianfeng Jia <ji...@gmail.com> on 2016/02/01 05:05:38 UTC

Re: Google Summer Of Code Ideas

Sure. I took some time to understand the * notebook products ( scala notebook, python notebook etc). The idea of recording the exploration path is awesome!
I think the Cloudberry demo can borrow some of the visualization part from the Zeppelin, and also we could provide a separate page to let user operate the AQL level exploration on the twitter data. I don’t know how easy it is to integrate the Zeppelin with other web servers. @Wail, do you think it is a good or possible idea? One more question, does Zeppelin support geo spatial data as well?

Best,

Jianfeng Jia
PhD Candidate of Computer Science
University of California, Irvine

Re: Google Summer Of Code Ideas

Posted by Jianfeng Jia <ji...@gmail.com>.
OK.

Posted by Chen Li <ch...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Wail Alkowaileet <wa...@gmail.com>.
I think it's easy. Zeppelin uses Angularjs MVC model ... So it's easy to
extend + you can call any JS library such as Google API in your output.

We're working on Twitter Sentiment Analysis using Asterix and Spark. I will
try to embed Cloudberry in Zeppelin.