Posted to dev@airavata.apache.org by Shanmukha Surapuraju <sh...@gmail.com> on 2020/04/11 02:38:03 UTC

Expanding support of apache-mft - [Apache-Airavata Courses]

Hello all,

While working on our implementation of the Weather Forcast application, we identified the issue with the exchange of large files between existing micro-services through an API and when larger files are exchanged they seem to increase the throughput of the entire service. We would like to utilize the MFT architecture and integrate it into our application to facilitate the transfer of these large files.
As of now, apache-mft supports only SCP communication, we would like to expand its support to cloud storage services.

Also during the setup phase of apache-MFT, we encountered the following error :

[ERROR]   mvn <goals> -rf :mft-resource-service-server
cp: cannot stat 'controller/target/MFT-Controller-0.01-bin.zip': No such file or directory
cp: cannot stat 'services/resource-service/server/target/Resource-Service-0.01-bin.zip': No such file or directory
cp: cannot stat 'services/secret-service/server/target/Secret-Service-0.01-bin.zip': No such file or directory
cp: cannot stat 'api/service/target/API-Service-0.01-bin.zip': No such file or directory
Archive:  build/MFT-Agent-0.01-bin.zip

Since we are relatively new to working with a project of this undertaking, it would be really appreciated if you guys could point us to any existing code source for a cloud platform client such as S3 or Google Drive for MFT.

Thank you,
Shanmukha Surapuraju