Posted to c-users@xerces.apache.org by Attila <at...@gmail.com> on 2008/01/31 16:45:20 UTC

Xerces-c and VS 2005

Hi,

I have a solution that includes my own console win32 app

ValidateXmlWithXsd.cpp:

#include <xercesc/util/PlatformUtils.hpp>

#include <xercesc/dom/DOM.hpp>

#include <xercesc/dom/DOMImplementation.hpp>

#include <xercesc/dom/DOMImplementationLS.hpp>

#include <xercesc/dom/DOMWriter.hpp>

#include <xercesc/framework/StdOutFormatTarget.hpp>

#include <xercesc/framework/LocalFileFormatTarget.hpp>

#include <xercesc/parsers/XercesDOMParser.hpp>

#include <xercesc/util/XMLUni.hpp>

#include <xercesc/util/OutOfMemoryException.hpp>

#include <string.h>

#include <stdlib.h>

#include "stdafx.h"

XERCES_CPP_NAMESPACE_USE

int _tmain(int argc, _TCHAR* argv[])

{

      try {

            XMLPlatformUtils::Initialize();

        }

        catch (const XMLException& toCatch) {

            // Do your failure processing here

            return 1;

        }

      return 0;

}
Then I include the Xerces-c_2_8 win32 VS 8 (2005) XercesLib project (
xerces-c-src_2_8_0\Projects\Win32\VC8\xerces-all\XercesLib)
into my solution.
However when I try to build I get the error:

1>c:\path\to\validatexmlwithxsd\validatexmlwithxsd.cpp(6) : fatal error
C1083: Cannot open include file: 'xercesc/util/PlatformUtils.hpp': No such
file or directory
I have my project dependancy set to depend on XercesLib.

Thanks for your help!

--
Attila
Software Developer

Re: Xerces-c and VS 2005

Posted by Alberto Massari <am...@datadirect.com>.
You can just place the DLL in the same folder where your EXE is located.
Or build Xerces as a static library so that it gets merged into your EXE.

Alberto

Re: Xerces-c and VS 2005

Posted by Attila <at...@gmail.com>.

--