Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by Mike Tutkowski <mi...@solidfire.com> on 2013/12/20 02:46:10 UTC

XenServer snapshots taken by CS don't show up in XenCenter?

Hi,

I notice if I take a snapshot of a VM running on XenServer from CloudStack,
then go over to XenCenter and view the snapshots of the VM that the
snapshot is not displayed.

I do see the snapshot if I do a xe snapshot-list, though.

Does anyone know why this is?

Thanks

--
*Mike Tutkowski*
e: mike.tutkowski@solidfire.com

Re: XenServer snapshots taken by CS don't show up in XenCenter?

Posted by Mike Tutkowski <mi...@solidfire.com>.
Ah, it seems when we take a snapshot of a VM on XenServer, the snapshot is
not "linked" to the VM it is a snapshot of.

That would make sense because the VM it is a snapshot of might not exist
from XenServer's point of view (say, if the VM is in the Stopped state from
CloudStack's point of view, then XenServer does not know about this VM
because CS has XenServer destroy the VM).

xe snapshot-list snapshot-of=8483372f-daee-7988-563a-e83c3dee072f

where 8483372f-daee-7988-563a-e83c3dee072f is the UUID of a VM I took a
snapshot of via CloudStack will return no results (which would make sense
if we never associated the snapshot to this VM).