Posted to dev@hbase.apache.org by Kang Minwoo <mi...@outlook.com> on 2018/05/03 12:31:23 UTC

Looking forward to releasing 1.2.7

Hello!

I am looking forward to releasing HBase 1.2.7.
Do you know when 1.2.7 will be released?

Best regards,
Minwoo Kang

Re: Looking forward to releasing 1.2.7

Posted by Sean Busbey <bu...@apache.org>.
Hi!

Thanks for bringing this up.

I'm still the RM for 1.2 and I've been anxious to get the release
cadence going again for almost 3 months now. Unfortunately, the
nightly tests are still failing:

https://builds.apache.org/view/H-L/view/HBase/job/HBase%20Nightly/job/branch-1.2/

For previous releases in this line, I relied on the nightly tests on
ASF infra passing as a health check for the code branch.

I've been tied up in HBase 2.0 and $dayjob work, so haven't managed to
chase down the remaining failures. Maybe it's time I find a different
way to assure myself.

Andrew P, I think for the 1.4 release line you do unit test running on
some non-ASF system. I am 100% certain I could get a VM somewhere to
do the  same for 1.2 RCs. Do you know off-hand what size I need to
grab as far as cpu / mem is concerned?