Posted to user@velocity.apache.org by "WATKINS, Andy, FM" <An...@rbos.com> on 2002/03/13 14:37:56 UTC

Using velocity with an embedded servlet engine (currently tomcat)

My apologies for asking this on the velocity list, but the
Tomcat users list has not turned up a solution.

Were using velocity to generate XML for an existing XML RPC system.
This predates SOAP and XML-RPC being widely used and hence uses
a non standard XML structure.

Im trying to run Tomcat in an embedded fashion (ie started from a main()
in our program ), with a single servlet which uses velocity for markup.

Im using the Embedded.java class in Catalina, but am having trouble
configuring it so that my single servlet answers on port 8080.

Has anyone else tried to do this (run an embedded servlet engine without
swathes of configuration files)?

Andy

      Visit our Internet site at http://www.rbsmarkets.com