Posted to user@flink.apache.org by Alexander Smirnov <al...@gmail.com> on 2018/10/23 13:04:32 UTC

Kafka connector error: This server does not host this topic-partition

Hi,

I stumbled upon an exception in the "Exceptions" tab which I could not
explain. Do you know what could cause it? Unfortunately I don't know how to
reproduce it. Do you know if there is a respective JIRA issue for it?

Here's the exception's stack trace:

org.apache.flink.streaming.connectors.kafka.FlinkKafka011Exception: Failed
to send data to Kafka: This server does not host this topic-partition.
at
org.apache.flink.streaming.connectors.kafka.FlinkKafkaProducer011.checkErroneous(FlinkKafkaProducer011.java:999)
at
org.apache.flink.streaming.connectors.kafka.FlinkKafkaProducer011.invoke(FlinkKafkaProducer011.java:614)
at
org.apache.flink.streaming.connectors.kafka.FlinkKafkaProducer011.invoke(FlinkKafkaProducer011.java:93)
at
org.apache.flink.streaming.api.functions.sink.TwoPhaseCommitSinkFunction.invoke(TwoPhaseCommitSinkFunction.java:219)
at
org.apache.flink.streaming.api.operators.StreamSink.processElement(StreamSink.java:56)
at
org.apache.flink.streaming.runtime.tasks.OperatorChain$CopyingChainingOutput.pushToOperator(OperatorChain.java:549)
at
org.apache.flink.streaming.runtime.tasks.OperatorChain$CopyingChainingOutput.collect(OperatorChain.java:524)
at
org.apache.flink.streaming.runtime.tasks.OperatorChain$CopyingChainingOutput.collect(OperatorChain.java:504)
at
org.apache.flink.streaming.api.operators.AbstractStreamOperator$CountingOutput.collect(AbstractStreamOperator.java:830)
at
org.apache.flink.streaming.api.operators.AbstractStreamOperator$CountingOutput.collect(AbstractStreamOperator.java:808)
at
org.apache.flink.streaming.api.operators.TimestampedCollector.collect(TimestampedCollector.java:51)
at
com.five9.distribution.FilterBusinessMetricsFunction.flatMap(FilterBusinessMetricsFunction.java:162)
at
com.five9.distribution.FilterBusinessMetricsFunction.flatMap(FilterBusinessMetricsFunction.java:31)
at
org.apache.flink.streaming.api.operators.StreamFlatMap.processElement(StreamFlatMap.java:50)
at
org.apache.flink.streaming.runtime.io.StreamInputProcessor.processInput(StreamInputProcessor.java:207)
at
org.apache.flink.streaming.runtime.tasks.OneInputStreamTask.run(OneInputStreamTask.java:69)
at
org.apache.flink.streaming.runtime.tasks.StreamTask.invoke(StreamTask.java:264)
at org.apache.flink.runtime.taskmanager.Task.run(Task.java:718)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748)
Caused by: org.apache.kafka.common.errors.UnknownTopicOrPartitionException:
This server does not host this topic-partition.

Thank you,
Alex

Re: Kafka connector error: This server does not host this topic-partition

Posted by Alexander Smirnov <al...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Dominik, hope it will be resolved soon

Posted by Dominik Wosiński <wo...@gmail.com>.
Hey Alexander,