Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Zaccheo Bagnati <za...@gmail.com> on 2016/04/07 16:05:52 UTC

maxBooleanClauses in solrconfig.xml is ignored

Hi all,
I'm trying to set the maxBooleanClauses parameter in solrconfig.xml to 1024
but I still have "Too many boolean clauses" error even with 513 terms (with
512 terms it works).
I've read in the documentation (
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/solr/Query+Settings+in+SolrConfig)
the warning that it is a global setting but I have only 1 core so there are
not conflicting definitions. I don't know how to deal with this
I'm using SOLR 5.5.
Thanks
Zaccheo

Re: maxBooleanClauses in solrconfig.xml is ignored

Posted by Jack Krupansky <ja...@gmail.com>.
Edismax phrase-boost terms?

-- Jack Krupansky

Posted by Zaccheo Bagnati <za...@gmail.com>.
No SolrCloud. however I've found the problem (though the reason it is not
completely clear to me).
I was passing terms as
field:("term1" "term2",,,)
I simply changed it as
field:(term1 term2 ...) and it worked as expected

I'm not so expert in reading debugQuery output but parsed_filter_queries
value seems the same for the version with and without quotes. (I'm using
the condition as a fq)
However now it works
Thanks

Posted by Shawn Heisey <ap...@elyograg.org>.