Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by bueggers <bu...@yahoo.de> on 2006/10/19 06:39:49 UTC

@EventListener and MSIE7

Are the known problems with @EventListener and IE 7 ?
I tried out the simplest possible @EventListener page
The listener works with FF and IE6. But on IE7 nothing happens, when I click
the button.

(By the way: On Opera it doen't work too: Many dojo debug and error messages
appear on the page)

I checked  IE7 for any JS error reports...didn't find anything: No JS
console, no error message in the status line as in IE6....

I tested with MSIE7-rc1

Or did I miss something simple?

The HTML is

<form jwcid="@Form">
   <button jwcid="aButton@Button">Click Me</button>
</form>

The Java is

public abstract class EventListener extends BasePage{

@EventListener(targets="aButton", events="onclick")
	public void buttonClicked()
	{
		System.out.println("button clicked....");
	}

}

Re: @EventListener and MSIE7

Posted by Jesse Kuhnert <jk...@gmail.com>.
Not sure, but a couple points:

-) Opera is supported, debug messages on the page are the intended result
without using console mode.

-) IE7 was released today - we aren't running a 0day op here ;)

On 10/19/06, bueggers <bu...@yahoo.de> wrote:

> Are the known problems with @EventListener and IE 7 ?
> I tried out the simplest possible @EventListener page
> The listener works with FF and IE6. But on IE7 nothing happens, when I
> click
> the button.
>
> (By the way: On Opera it doen't work too: Many dojo debug and error
> messages
> appear on the page)
>
> I checked  IE7 for any JS error reports...didn't find anything: No JS
> console, no error message in the status line as in IE6....
>
> I tested with MSIE7-rc1
>
> Or did I miss something simple?
>
> The HTML is

> <form jwcid="@Form">
>    <button jwcid="aButton@Button">Click Me</button>
> </form>
>
> The Java is
>
> public abstract class EventListener extends BasePage{
>
> @EventListener(targets="aButton", events="onclick")
>         public void buttonClicked()
>         {
>                 System.out.println("button clicked....");
>         }
>
> }

Jesse Kuhnert
Tapestry/Dojo/(and a dash of TestNG), team member/developer