Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Thomas Delnoij <t....@imn.nl> on 2002/09/27 14:43:26 UTC

Struts ActionMapping / OC4J problem

Dear colleagues,

I have a problem configuring Struts to run properly with the embedded OC4J
app server in Oracle 9i JDeveloper.

It can only find the first Action Object of these two ActionMappings I
configured.

<action-mappings type="org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet">
    <action path="/ProcessForm" type="appaction.ProcessForm"
            name="TrekkerFormBean" scope="request"
            input="/trekker/keuringsformulier.jsp" validate="true">
      <forward name="succes" path="/succes.jsp"/>
      <forward name="failure" path="/failure.jsp"/>
    </action>
    <action path="/GetKeuringsForm" type="appaction.GetKeuringsForm">
      <forward name="trekker" path="/trekker/keuringsformulier.jsp"/>
      <forward name="veldspuit" path="/veldspuit/keuringsformulier.jsp"/>
      <forward name="boomgaardspuit"
path="/boomgaardspuit/keuringsformulier.jsp"/>
    </action>
  </action-mappings>

The first ActionMapping accepts input from a form. The second is mapped to a
"normal" link:

The Action Objects are in the same directory.

I worked with Struts before in the Resin container. I think I am missing out
on some JDeveloper specific config options.

I look forward to your suggestions.

Kind regards.

Thomas Delnoij
Internet Engineer
IMN - SSE Baarn

Mobile: +31 6 144 300 14
EMail: t.delnoij@imn.nl

Re: Struts ActionMapping / OC4J problem

Posted by Eddie Bush <ek...@swbell.net>.
Weird.  I always get a stack trace when I have a misconfiguration.  Let
me look over your problem again ...

><action-mappings type="org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet">
>    <action path="/ProcessForm" type="appaction.ProcessForm"
>            name="TrekkerFormBean" scope="request"
>            input="/trekker/keuringsformulier.jsp" validate="true">
>      <forward name="succes" path="/succes.jsp"/>
>      <forward name="failure" path="/failure.jsp"/>
>    </action>
>    <action path="/GetKeuringsForm" type="appaction.GetKeuringsForm">
>      <forward name="trekker" path="/trekker/keuringsformulier.jsp"/>
>      <forward name="veldspuit" path="/veldspuit/keuringsformulier.jsp"/>
>      <forward name="boomgaardspuit"
>path="/boomgaardspuit/keuringsformulier.jsp"/>
>    </action>
>  </action-mappings>

Why do you have type="o.a.s.a.ActionServlet" in your action-mappings
element?  I never specify a type there any my stuff always works.  I
suppose this is where you can make all of your actions forward/redirect
by default by specifying a different action class.  ActionServlet is not
an action though.  I think that's an error - but please correct me if
I'm wrong.

If you would be so kind please tell us what you have tried next time -
rather than just stating your problem :-)  I don't know everyone on the
list, and my rule of thumb is to start with the simplest solution and
work toward the more complex one.  When I hear "configuration" and
"doesn't work" I think "stack trace".  In order to cut through the basic
solutions and hop right to a more detailed examination, you should state
what you have tried :-)  Sorry you felt like I was brushing you off (I'm
nearly certain you did).

I don't think anyone posted solutions for the others either.  You need
to realize that we're not all omniscient though - and I think most
people problem-solve like I do (very deliberately - start here; work to
there).  Hopefully this reply is more helpful ;-)  (I really don't just
post to exercise my fingers - they get plenty of that, and I have other
things I could well exercise them on)

--
Eddie Bush

RE: Struts ActionMapping / OC4J problem