Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Barry Volpe <st...@childrencare.com> on 2003/09/18 21:26:41 UTC

Simple Tiles Controller not working!

Trying to implement example from:

http://www.theserverside.com/resources/articles/Tiles101/article.html

Getting the following error:

************** Exception in:/tiles/penguinview.jsp] null **************

Basically trying to put a hashtable in request and tiles context cannot display in
jsp:

public class LoadUserCategoriesController extends Action implements Controller{

public void perform(ComponentContext tilesContext,

HttpServletRequest request,

HttpServletResponse response,

ServletContext servletContext)throws ServletException, IOException{

Hashtable penguins = new Hashtable(20);

penguins.put("name","Name");

penguins.put("price","Price");

request.setAttribute("penguinOfTheDay", penguins);

tilesContext.putAttribute("penguinOfTheDay", penguins);

   }
}

In tiles-def.xml

<definition name=".penguin.view"
path="/tiles/penguinview.jsp"
controllerClass ="com.childrencare.LoadUserCategoriesController"/>

In penguinview.jsp:

<c:out value="${penguinOfTheDay.name}"/>

In myjsp:

<tiles:insert definition=".penguin.view" flush="true" />

If I remove the controllerClass in the definiton the page does not return null Exception (no error);

Looks like controllerClass is not getting called or I am not passing the correct object?

Thanks,
Barry