Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Dan Milstein <da...@shore.net> on 2001/03/06 19:10:19 UTC

Patches in Bugzilla

I'm having a problem using Bugzilla, and I'm hoping someone can point me
towards an easy solution.

When people post bug reports, they often include patches in the text of the
description (which is great).  However, it's very difficult for me to get
those patches into a file so that I can run the patch program to use them.
Cut and paste does all kinds of weird line truncation things (which makes
patch lose it's mind), and if you try to view source, there are all kinds of
HTML escape codes.

It's sort of like the Bugzilla system expects people to "attach" their
proposed patches (which I could then download).  But no one ever does
(understandably).

Am I missing a way to get the description saved as text without any HTML
escapes?  Or can we add something to the bug submission form to encourage
people to attach their patches rather than paste them in?

-Dan
--

Dan Milstein // danmil@shore.net

Re: Patches in Bugzilla

Posted by "Pier P. Fumagalli" <pi...@betaversion.org>.
Dan Milstein <da...@shore.net> wrote:

> I'm having a problem using Bugzilla, and I'm hoping someone can point me
> towards an easy solution.
>
> When people post bug reports, they often include patches in the text of the
> description (which is great).  However, it's very difficult for me to get
> those patches into a file so that I can run the patch program to use them.
> Cut and paste does all kinds of weird line truncation things (which makes
> patch lose it's mind), and if you try to view source, there are all kinds of
> HTML escape codes.
>
> It's sort of like the Bugzilla system expects people to "attach" their
> proposed patches (which I could then download).  But no one ever does
> (understandably).
>
> Am I missing a way to get the description saved as text without any HTML
> escapes?  Or can we add something to the bug submission form to encourage
> people to attach their patches rather than paste them in?

Nope... For patches you're supposed to use Attachments... (Pity)... I don't
know what's in the database, though... We might be able to get it out with a
simple SQL query (any volunteer? :)

    Pier