Posted to general@incubator.apache.org by Siddharth Seth <ss...@apache.org> on 2014/04/01 23:42:09 UTC

[VOTE] Release Apache Tez-0.4.0-incubating RC1

I have created a tez-0.4.0-incubating release candidate (rc1).

This includes license and notice files missing from rc0 release artifacts
(the javadoc artifact has these files under resources/META-INF instead of
directly under META-INF)

GIT source tag:
https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator-tez/repo?p=incubator-tez.git;a=log;h=refs/tags/release-0.4.0-incubating-rc1
(git commit 145c730c8d1cea863185b2a3354b19f2ab21addd)

Staging site:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/tez/0.4.0-incubating-rc1
(svn revision 4929)

Nexus Staging URL:
*https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachetez-1005/
<https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachetez-1005/>*

PGP release keys:
http://pgp.mit.edu/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x477E02D33DD51430
KEYS file available at
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/incubator/tez/KEYS

List of issues fixed in the release:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TEZ/fixforversion/12326283/
Also available in CHANGES.txt within the release tarball.

Vote will be open for at least 72 hours ( until the required number of IPMC
votes are obtained
).

[ ] +1 approve
[ ] +0 no opinion
[ ] -1 disapprove (and reason why)

For folks not familiar with vetting a release, please refer to
http://incubator.apache.org/guides/releasemanagement.html#check-list

Thanks
- Sid

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Tez-0.4.0-incubating RC1

Posted by Mohammad Islam <mi...@yahoo.com>.
+1 (non-binding)

Successfully build and tested basic example in a Hadoop 2.3 cluster.

Regards,
Mohammad

On Thursday, April 3, 2014 1:17 AM, Devaraj Das <dd...@hortonworks.com> wrote:

+1 (binding). Downloaded and ran unit tests.

On Wed, Apr 2, 2014 at 6:11 AM, Alan Gates <ga...@hortonworks.com> wrote:
> +1.  Checked the signature and checksums, looked over the LICENSE, NOTICE, DISCLAIMER, and README files, built it.
>
> Alan.
>
> On Apr 1, 2014, at 11:42 PM, Siddharth Seth <ss...@apache.org> wrote:
>
>> I have created a tez-0.4.0-incubating release candidate (rc1).
>>
>> This includes license and notice files missing from rc0 release artifacts
>> (the javadoc artifact has these files under resources/META-INF instead of
>> directly under META-INF)
>>
>> GIT source tag:
>> https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator-tez/repo?p=incubator-tez.git;a=log;h=refs/tags/release-0.4.0-incubating-rc1
>> (git commit 145c730c8d1cea863185b2a3354b19f2ab21addd)
>>
>> Staging site:
>> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/tez/0.4.0-incubating-rc1
>> (svn revision 4929)
>>
>> Nexus Staging URL:
>> *https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachetez-1005/
>> <https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachetez-1005/>*
>>
>> PGP release keys:
>> http://pgp.mit.edu/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x477E02D33DD51430
>> KEYS file available at
>> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/incubator/tez/KEYS
>>
>> List of issues fixed in the release:
>> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TEZ/fixforversion/12326283/
>> Also available in CHANGES.txt within the release tarball.
>>
>> Vote will be open for at least 72 hours ( until the required number of IPMC
>> votes are obtained
>> ).
>>
>> [ ] +1 approve
>> [ ] +0 no opinion
>> [ ] -1 disapprove (and reason why)
>>
>> For folks not familiar with vetting a release, please refer to
>> http://incubator.apache.org/guides/releasemanagement.html#check-list
>>
>> Thanks
>> - Sid
>

> --
> CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Tez-0.4.0-incubating RC1

Posted by Mohammad Islam <mi...@yahoo.com>.
+1 (non-binding)

Successfully build and tested basic example in a Hadoop 2.3 cluster.

Regards,
Mohammad

On Thursday, April 3, 2014 1:17 AM, Devaraj Das <dd...@hortonworks.com> wrote:

+1 (binding). Downloaded and ran unit tests.

On Wed, Apr 2, 2014 at 6:11 AM, Alan Gates <ga...@hortonworks.com> wrote:
> +1.  Checked the signature and checksums, looked over the LICENSE, NOTICE, DISCLAIMER, and README files, built it.
>
> Alan.
>
> On Apr 1, 2014, at 11:42 PM, Siddharth Seth <ss...@apache.org> wrote:
>
>> I have created a tez-0.4.0-incubating release candidate (rc1).
>>
>> This includes license and notice files missing from rc0 release artifacts
>> (the javadoc artifact has these files under resources/META-INF instead of
>> directly under META-INF)
>>
>> GIT source tag:
>> https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator-tez/repo?p=incubator-tez.git;a=log;h=refs/tags/release-0.4.0-incubating-rc1
>> (git commit 145c730c8d1cea863185b2a3354b19f2ab21addd)
>>
>> Staging site:
>> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/tez/0.4.0-incubating-rc1
>> (svn revision 4929)
>>
>> Nexus Staging URL:
>> *https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachetez-1005/
>> <https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachetez-1005/>*
>>
>> PGP release keys:
>> http://pgp.mit.edu/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x477E02D33DD51430
>> KEYS file available at
>> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/incubator/tez/KEYS
>>
>> List of issues fixed in the release:
>> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TEZ/fixforversion/12326283/
>> Also available in CHANGES.txt within the release tarball.
>>
>> Vote will be open for at least 72 hours ( until the required number of IPMC
>> votes are obtained
>> ).
>>
>> [ ] +1 approve
>> [ ] +0 no opinion
>> [ ] -1 disapprove (and reason why)
>>
>> For folks not familiar with vetting a release, please refer to
>> http://incubator.apache.org/guides/releasemanagement.html#check-list
>>
>> Thanks
>> - Sid
>

> --
> CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Tez-0.4.0-incubating RC1

Posted by Devaraj Das <dd...@hortonworks.com>.
+1 (binding). Downloaded and ran unit tests.

On Wed, Apr 2, 2014 at 6:11 AM, Alan Gates <ga...@hortonworks.com> wrote:
> +1.  Checked the signature and checksums, looked over the LICENSE, NOTICE, DISCLAIMER, and README files, built it.
>
> Alan.
>
> On Apr 1, 2014, at 11:42 PM, Siddharth Seth <ss...@apache.org> wrote:
>
>> I have created a tez-0.4.0-incubating release candidate (rc1).
>>
>> This includes license and notice files missing from rc0 release artifacts
>> (the javadoc artifact has these files under resources/META-INF instead of
>> directly under META-INF)
>>
>> GIT source tag:
>> https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator-tez/repo?p=incubator-tez.git;a=log;h=refs/tags/release-0.4.0-incubating-rc1
>> (git commit 145c730c8d1cea863185b2a3354b19f2ab21addd)
>>
>> Staging site:
>> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/tez/0.4.0-incubating-rc1
>> (svn revision 4929)
>>
>> Nexus Staging URL:
>> *https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachetez-1005/
>> <https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachetez-1005/>*
>>
>> PGP release keys:
>> http://pgp.mit.edu/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x477E02D33DD51430
>> KEYS file available at
>> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/incubator/tez/KEYS
>>
>> List of issues fixed in the release:
>> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TEZ/fixforversion/12326283/
>> Also available in CHANGES.txt within the release tarball.
>>
>> Vote will be open for at least 72 hours ( until the required number of IPMC
>> votes are obtained
>> ).
>>
>> [ ] +1 approve
>> [ ] +0 no opinion
>> [ ] -1 disapprove (and reason why)
>>
>> For folks not familiar with vetting a release, please refer to
>> http://incubator.apache.org/guides/releasemanagement.html#check-list
>>
>> Thanks
>> - Sid
>

> --
> CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Tez-0.4.0-incubating RC1

Posted by Chen He <ai...@gmail.com>.
+1 non-binding

Chen

Posted by Jonathan Eagles <je...@gmail.com>.
+1 (non-binding)

Posted by Jonathan Eagles <je...@gmail.com>.
+1 (non-binding)

Posted by Alan Gates <ga...@hortonworks.com>.

--
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Tez-0.4.0-incubating RC1

Posted by "Arun C. Murthy" <ac...@hortonworks.com>.
+1 (binding)

Arun

--
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

RE: [VOTE] Release Apache Tez-0.4.0-incubating RC1

Posted by Bikas Saha <bi...@hortonworks.com>.
+1

Built from source. Ran tests.

--
- Tsuyoshi

--
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

RE: [VOTE] Release Apache Tez-0.4.0-incubating RC1

Posted by Bikas Saha <bi...@hortonworks.com>.
+1

Built from source. Ran tests.

--
- Tsuyoshi

--
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Tez-0.4.0-incubating RC1

Posted by Tsuyoshi OZAWA <oz...@gmail.com>.
+1 (non-binding)

--
- Tsuyoshi

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Tez-0.4.0-incubating RC1

Posted by Alan Gates <ga...@hortonworks.com>.

--
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Tez-0.4.0-incubating RC1

Posted by Tsuyoshi OZAWA <oz...@gmail.com>.
+1 (non-binding)

--
- Tsuyoshi

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Tez-0.4.0-incubating RC1

Posted by Hitesh Shah <hi...@hortonworks.com>.
+1 (non-binding)

Verified checksums, built from source and ran basic example jobs.

— Hitesh

--
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Tez-0.4.0-incubating RC1

Posted by Daniel Dai <da...@hortonworks.com>.
+1 (non-binding)

Run Pig on Tez tests and the result is in line with what we expected.

--
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Tez-0.4.0-incubating RC1

Posted by Daniel Dai <da...@hortonworks.com>.
+1 (non-binding)

--
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Tez-0.4.0-incubating RC1

Posted by Jason Lowe <jl...@yahoo-inc.com>.
+1 (non-binding)

Posted by Jason Lowe <jl...@yahoo-inc.com>.
+1 (non-binding)