Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Roland <wg...@ids.de> on 2013/06/24 12:36:41 UTC

"cannot be resolved to a type" after transitive dependency exclusion

Hello everyone,
I have a maven dependency issue...
I wrapped (embedded) a non-osgi-package to a bundle and exported it
successfully. This wrapper-bundle depends to a thirdparty-package which I
wrapped. My goal is that a second bundle depends on this wrapper bundle but
not on the non-osgi-package. But if I import the wrapped package in a second
bundle the compiler says "myclass cannot be resolved to a type". I still
have to import the non-osgi-package to resolve the dependency but this is
not what I want. Something is wrong with my dependency definition.

actual dependencies:  thirdpartpackage<-+
                                      ^                |
                               wrapper-bundle    |
                                      ^                |
                                second bundle----+

goal:                         thirdpartpackage
                                      ^
                               wrapper--bundle
                                      ^
                                second bundle

pom of the wrapper bundle
  <dependencies>
    <dependency>
      <groupId>thirdpartygroup</groupId>
      <artifactId>thirdparty-package</artifactId>
      <scope>compile</scope>

pom of a second bundle
  <dependencies>
    <dependency>
      <groupId>mygroup</groupId>
      <artifactId>wrapper-bundle</artifactId>
      <scope>provided</scope>
      <exclusions>
        <exclusion>
          <groupId>thirdpartygroup</groupId>
          <artifactId>thirdparty-package</artifactId>
        </exclusion>

Can someone help me please?

Thanks in advance
Roland