Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Glinn Cortez <gl...@cypress.com> on 2002/09/28 02:34:29 UTC

HTTP Status 500 - Internal Server Error

Please help me on this. Everytime I'm trying to run the sample .jsp
file, this page is displayed. Why is this so?

type Exception report

message Internal Server Error

description The server encountered an internal error (Internal Server
Error) that prevented it from fulfilling this request.

exception

javax.servlet.ServletException: sun/tools/javac/Main
	at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.service(JspServlet.java:481)
	at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:247)
	at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:193)
	at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:243)
	at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:566)
	at
	at
org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:943)
	at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:190)
	at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:566)
	at
org.apache.catalina.authenticator.AuthenticatorBase.invoke(AuthenticatorBase.java:475)
	at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:564)
	at
org.apache.catalina.valves.CertificatesValve.invoke(CertificatesValve.java:246)
	at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:564)
	at

root cause

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: sun/tools/javac/Main
	at
org.apache.jasper.compiler.SunJavaCompiler.compile(SunJavaCompiler.java:136)
	at org.apache.jasper.compiler.Compiler.compile(Compiler.java:272)
	at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.loadJSP(JspServlet.java:548)
	at
org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet$JspServletWrapper.loadIfNecessary(JspServlet.java:176)
	at
org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet$JspServletWrapper.service(JspServlet.java:188)
	at
org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.serviceJspFile(JspServlet.java:381)
	at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.service(JspServlet.java:473)
[...]
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.invoke(StandardContext.java:2347)
	at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:180)

Re: HTTP Status 500 - Internal Server Error

Posted by Glinn Cortez <gl...@cypress.com>.
Thanks Mark!...Now it's working already.

by the way, I've added you in my yahoo list.

r/gli

Posted by Glinn Cortez <gl...@cypress.com>.
Thanks Mark for the reply...

Where can I find tools.jar?..I've tried searching that file in Tomcat
directory but I failed.

Yes, I do have JDK installed in JAVA_HOME environment variable has been
set.

Any more idea Mark?...

r/gli